Sunday, December 28, 2008

Caroline Kennedy tells Daily News: I wouldn't be beholden to anybody

Caroline Kennedy tells Daily News: I wouldn't be beholden to anybody

So Caroline Kennedy wants to, you know, be the Senator, you know, from the state of, you know, New York. I don't, you know, know if, you know, she's, you know, qualified. I suppose, you know, that her, you know, heritage and activism, you know, set her apart from, you know, other candidates, but, you know, what else does she, you know, bring to the table. Apparently, you know, the ability to connect, you know, with the non-voting public. You know, teenagers! She, you know, apparently, you know, speaks their, you know, language.

The other day I was in the post office trying to get out a few last-minute items. The lady in front of me had two cute little girls with her. As children often do, they became fidgety and started wandering around the area. I became quickly aware that one of the girls' names is Kennedy. Apparently a first name. "Kennedy, get back in line please. Kennedy, stay next to me please." This went on. I almost, ALMOST, leaned over to the woman and said, "Cheer up, your daughter is qualified to be Senator from the state of New York!" Almost!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know there is this terrible temptation to, well, you know, keep this ridiculous cadence, you know, going. Can you IMAGINE the reaction had such bumbling dribbled out of Sarah Palin's mouth. The headlines would have been cutting and merciless. The left feeling all intellectually superior. But since this is the progeny of a legend there is very muted critisms. Some but nothing like we would have seen had a Republican woman sounded this stupid.

ScoobyNTN said...

Having the last name "Kennedy" does not necessarily qualify you for a Senate seat. That said, the comparison to Palin with regards to national media coverage sounds like sour grapes to me. Perhaps that story just didn't seem so appealing a second time.